Monday, December 5, 2011

The Kids ARE alright!

In my haze of GRE studying, I forgot to tell you about some exciting news. I heard back from DEPDC about the packages. They received the school supplies that were generously donated by so many. My class also received my letter and the little gifts I included for each of the children.

Below is Alinda, the Director at DEPDC reading my letter to the class.







The entire class. I am worried that so many of them are missing. But as we all experienced, the kids have frequent absences, especially during seasons of crop planting and harvesting. I also noticed two new additions, including the little girl in the middle.

It feels like I just left Thailand, and that I have been away forever, all at the same time. Needless to say, it appears not much has changed at DEPDC. Our class is much the same, and from the pictures, look to be doing well.

What a relief, to finally have proof of their continued existence! And to know that my dreams of late were once my daily reality. With these pictures I remembered, if only for a fleeting moment, how it was, who I was, and what we did.

It is a thing I hope never to forget.

4 comments:

jamie lynne said...

i love this. i love it so much! i'm so glad you sent over those packages, you can tell they loved it! i miss them like crazy && oh my goodness, they already look so much older! also, i want our class roll--i think i forgot to ever get that from you! email it :] ? LOVE YOU <3

Katie said...

ooooh i'm so glad to see an update about them! thanks for the pictures! i'm happy that they are doing well!

anelieze castrejon said...

so wonderful, krystal! thank you for sharing.

Rachel said...

AHHH! It's so true. For a moment, for a small fleeting moment, it all feels real. Like we really DID go there. Teach them. Learn from them. And never ever have we stopped loving them. Thanks for updating and sustaining the hope shining in my eyes of a brighter future for these little angels! I miss them like CRAZY! Lets go back? love you.